Monday, April 18, 2011

Sick

Camdyn started with a stomach bug on Friday.

By the time I got home from work Saturday, she looked terrible.  I called and talked to the help nurse and after describing her symptoms, she thought it best I take her in to rule out dehydration.

She was in fact dehydrated, so they gave her something to help with the vomiting and were going to start IV fluids.  The ER gave her a ty monkey to snuggle with, which she later named George.


We're headed up to the pediatric floor.

Her nurse in the ER was my cousin's wife, Leslie.  She helped put Camdyn at ease...and Mom and Grammy too. 

Daddy stopped up later with her Dora blanket and Boots, her monkey from home.

We were in the same isolation room that we were in almost two years earlier with her sister, Rowyn.  On the opposite side of the room was the bed Rowyn slept in for almost a week.

The date on the picture is wrong, but here she was in her baby jail.

I don't have any interest in being in that room ever again.  The nurses were wonderful, but I'm afraid if we stay any more they may change it from room 38 to the Kay room. ;)

The pediatric floor gives a fleece blanket to every patient.  Camdyn chose a Tinkerbell one.  Such a neat idea.

Camdyn is home now.  She's feeling much better after getting two bags of fluids.  We do have to go back see her pediatrician for a recheck, due to an abnormal PTT test. 

I'm so glad she's home.  It's not easy seeing your child in the hospital.  I'm physically and mentally drained, but so very glad she's home and feeling better.

As if the drama of Camdyn being sick wasn't enough, Clyde called  me Saturday night to tell me Rowyn had climbed up on the kitchen counter and got the super glue down.  She proceeded to super glue her hand and foot together.  Even her toes were stuck to each other. Ugh.

No comments: