Monday, April 25, 2011

Eggs and Oliver

On Saturday, we colored eggs at my mom and dad's house.



 
This is my mom's cat, Oliver.
He hates EVERYONE but my mom.
He jumps on the refrigerator for a better vantage point to slash us as we walk by.

If I make my eyes into slits, you'll see I mean business.

He's laughing at me?  Mocking me?
 
And now the fangs.  He's pissed.  He wants to shred us all.
Such a wonderful creature.
Here kitty, kitty, come lay behind the car while I back up.
Okay, okay, I'm kidding...but he certainly lets it be known it is his house and he wants no company.


We carefully proceeded with egg coloring...

My sister Meghan helping Rowyn.
I'm quite certain Rowyn broke every.single.egg she touched.





Grandpa always makes one green egg for himself.
That's all of the egg coloring chaos he can deal with.

It does get very loud.
The eggs are all colored in a nanosecond.
Inevitably, someone spills egg dye.

But, the kids love it...and it's something we all get to do together.

And I'm thankful for that.  



Not everyone can get away with coloring eggs in your big girl pants. :)

No comments: