Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Randomness

Can you guess what country this phone is shaped after?
I'll give you a hint...the color is the clue.

Did you guess Ireland?
The phone belonged to my grandmother.  She loved all things Irish.
Apparently someone thought nothing says Irish like an Ireland shaped telephone, so they bought her one.
It was at my parents house, but the kids liked to drag it through the house...so my dad sent it home with them the other day.
Now they like to drag it around my house.
And make phone calls to Carol?  I'm not sure who Carol is, but Rowyn had quite the convo with her yesterday.

Rowyn came out to show me her hands.  
She said they were invisible, because she washed them so many times.
She washed them so many times, because she's officially
POTTYTRAINED!  

For the last ten years of my life, I've had at least one in diapers.  So, this is a bittersweet victory.  No more diapers, means no more babies, means an entire phase of my life is in the past.  


How did I go from typing about the excitement of her being potty trained, to typing through tears?  Ugh, I'm such a weirdo.


*******************************************************************
Cooper makes his First Communion this weekend.
I had no idea what to get him as a gift, so after perusing Etsy, I finally decided on this bronze Eucharistic metal.  It is from Graceful Rosaries and it arrived faster than anything I've ever ordered from Etsy!  I'm really happy with it and I hope Coop will like it too.


********************************************************************************
My yard still isn't completely dry from all the rain, so muddy shoes and dirty floors are still a constant around here.
Why is it you can have a bin full of outside shoes in the garage for them to play in, but they always manage to ruin their nice shoes instead?  Leather Primigi.  Really?

 
******************************************************************************
We have a new addition to the family...

This is my new nephew, Maddux, he's 5-months old.

I had you going there for a minute, didn't I?  
You thought I'd completely lost my mind and gotten another pet to add to the chaos.

Maddux belongs to my sister, Caitlin, and her boyfriend, Ryan.
Maddux is a Basenji.


The Basenji is a very unique breed.  They are also known as the African Barkless Dog...so they don't bark.  They do, however, yodel.  Seriously.  They also don't have that notorious doggy odor, due to very little dander, so they're virtually hypo-allergenic. 

Congrats Cait and Ryan...we can't wait to meet him!

1 comment:

Mar said...

I feel ya on the potty-training bittersweetness. I felt the same way when Luke was pottytrained, but now I love it! It is so nice to not have to worry about diapers and wipes when we travel or when we go everywere!!