Friday, May 06, 2011

Clyde the Glide

1994 ~ Some how, Clyde managed to go from irritating me, to becoming my best friend, to winning my heart.  We met in a pool hall (so classy, I know) and after miscuing, I heard someone say, "Chalk's free."  I look over to see Clyde with a smart ass grin at the table next to ours.  

I remember my friend, Sue, whispering to me..."Don't you know who that is?!" 

"Um, no."


"That's Clyde Kay...you know Clyde the Glide...from Hempstead.  He's like the best football running back ever."


At this point, I'm still not impressed.  I, after all, was dating a college guy, not some high school football star.  


So, we kept going to that pool hall. 
We kept seeing Clyde there.
We started becoming friends.
And like I always tell him, he kinda grew on me like a foot fungus. haha.
Soon, we were inseparable. 
The rest as they say, is history.

1995 My college graduation party


We were married May 6th, 2000.
I picked that year, because it would be easy for me to remember how many years we've been married.  Speaks volumes to my math abilities, doesn't it.
11 years ago today.  

I've almost been with him more years than without.
We have four beautiful children.
And one we will have to wait to meet in Heaven.
He is an amazing father.
He would do anything for us.

He is still my best friend.
He is still a smart ass.
He still gets annoyed when I correct him for saying "ain't".
Or when I make fun of him for calling Lowe's...Lowel's.
He does the dishes every night.
He does all the grocery shopping...many times with 4 kids in tow.
He runs kids back and forth when I work nights and weekends.
He puts up with me and my meltdowns.

He's pretty amazing.


Happy Anniversary, Clyde the Glide.
I love you!

1 comment:

Mar said...

So sweet! Happy Anniversary!