Friday, March 25, 2011

Food and Fighting

I'm think I'm going to try this this weekend.  I found it at Flipflops and Applesauce. Cute name, right?



Thai Chicken Wraps with Peanut Sauce:

The recipe from her site:


Peanut sauce:
In a small sauce pan combine:
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
3 Tbsp soy sauce
3 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp oil
1 tsp minced garlic
Heat on medium until sugar dissolves.

Wraps:
Ingredients:
8 {10"} flour tortillas
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp pepper
12 oz. chicken breast - cut into strips
1 Tbsp. oil
1 package {4 cups} broccoli slaw
1 medium red onion - cut into thin wedges
1 tsp. ginger - grated

In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil with garlic salt and pepper.
Add broccoli, onion, and ginger to skillet.
Cook and stir 3-4 minutes.

Serve with warm tortillas and peanut sauce.


*******************************************************************************

 Have you ever been to Allora Handmade?  Love her stuff. So many colors. Go on over and ooh and aah.
*******************************************************************************

Back to food.  I'm hungry.
Everybody knows Ree, the Pioneer Woman.  If you don't, crawl out from underneath that rock and check out her website.  
She's also an AMAZING photographer. 
So, delicious recipes combined with wickedly good pictures...and you simply can't resist.


Like this Grilled Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Panini



You can find the recipe HERE

******************************************************************
Print found here.

There has been incessant fighting at my house.

I'm so sick of it.

I know kids argue, but it's getting ridiculous.

It's so frustrating as a parent.

Sometimes I feel like my kids argue more than any other kids I know.


The name calling is the worst.

Hate and stupid are banned from our house.


Don't get me wrong, I love being a parent...but sometimes it's really hard.

 

If you know my husband, you know he's really LOUD.  

I think it's genetic.

I'm serious.  When he calls me from his cell phone, I have to hold it an arms length away.  He's that loud.

Rowyn has recently come into her Clyde voice.  That coupled with her new found mean streak, makes for some interesting conversations.  Hopefully it's over by summer, otherwise the neighbors will sure to be impressed.


I have a sore throat and a runny nose.  Just in time for the weekend.  Boo.  I'm sleeping in tomorrow and I can't wait.  It's the little things sometimes. 

 



1 comment:

Mar said...

I feel you with the fighting! I often feel like there is no way anyone elses kids fight as much as mine! It is so frustrating!!! And hate, stupid and shutup are banned from our house:)