Monday, March 07, 2011

Abe Lincoln

Cooper's 2nd grade class held a Live Museum on Friday.  They portrayed people in history that made a difference.  They had political leaders, explorers, musicians, writers, civil rights leaders, environmentalists, inventors, and scientists.  Each student had a button you would push and they would start their presentation.

Cooper was Abe Lincoln.  You didn't know Honest Abe wore Nike shox, did you?

Cooper during his presentation...





It was my mom's idea to use a black visor and cut it down for his beard. Worked like a charm.  I found the coat at GW, it's JCrew...$3.95.  Hello bargain.  The bow tie is from Hob Lob's and the pants his teacher had. The hat was laminated construction paper on top of a hat his teacher already had.  He brought the costume back home that night and the dog promptly ate the visor.  For reals.


The kids did an amazing job.  What a neat way to learn about history.  Cooper will never forget what the Emancipation Proclamation was.


I took the younger girls with me...Lumpy was perfect...Rowyn, on the other hand, was all over the place.  I picked her up while the teacher was talking and she started screaming, "Owie!" at the top of her lungs.  Over and over.  I'm sure the whole crowd thought I was beating her.  Ugh.  Love that.  

I remember Cooper in the checkout line at Target when he was younger yelling, "I want a dump truck!"...except he had speech issues, so it came out, "I wanna dumb f*ck!"  


Kids, they're great for making us want to disappear.

No comments: