Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Dogs, Goodwill, and a Recipe

Some things never change.

He spies the Polly.

He eats the Polly.
Little does he know, he's getting fixed on Tuesday.  Only one testicle has descended, so as the vet put it, they'll have to "dig around".  I told him that's what happens to naughty dogs.  


*************************************************************


I stopped at Goodwill the other day and found some vintage lovelies.  No, I'm not going to start homeschooling.


I'm thinking about spray painting the wood stand.  Yes-No?

****************************************************************************


Sunday we went to my parents for dinner.  I brought dessert.

The recipe was for salted caramel cupcakes (I can't remember where I found it), but in the future I'll skip the salt...it was a bit much.


Here's the recipe minus the salt:


Toffee Caramel Cupcakes:
1 box chocolate cake mix
4-5 Heath/Skor bars
1 container caramel ice cream topping 
squeeze bottle

bake the cupcakes according to box.  When the cupcakes are almost finished, microwave caramel for about a 30 seconds and then pour into squeeze bottle.  I used THIS. As soon as the cupcakes are finished, inject them with caramel and then move to cooling rack.  While they're cooling, smash the toffee bars and make your butter cream frosting.  There are many recipes for butter cream, but this is my go-to,

Butter Cream Frosting:
½ cup margarine
½ cup shortening
pinch of salt
1-½ tsp almond or vanilla extract
5 cups confectioners sugar
¼ cup milk


In a large bowl, cream margarine and shortening until light and fluffy.  Add salt, extract, confectioners sugar, and milk.  Beat well.


Once the cupcakes are cool, frost them and roll them into the toffee bar crumbs...drizzle with remaining caramel.




 

1 comment:

Jessa said...

Henry likes to eat plastic and paper. :(