Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Applesauce

Is this the March goes in like a lion part...cause I'm ready for the lamb.  I'm so sick of snow and cold weather.  Just when I thought we were finished with snow pants and boots and slushy floors.  Mother Nature you have a sick sense of humor.


*******************************************************************************

Yesterday, I made applesauce cake.



I had a helper.


She did an excellent job pre-rinsing the beater.



Now she needs to be pre-rinsed.


I poured soy milk over mine while it was still warm out of the oven. 


Rowyn liked it so much, she even had it for breakfast this morning.

Poor Booth isn't feeling well today.  He was neutered yesterday and he's been pretty quiet since he came home...until this morning.  He jumped up on the counter and ate the rest of the applesauce cake right out of the pan.  
I guess it is safe to say everyone liked it.


Applesauce Cake

½ cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp cloves 
½ tsp nutmeg
1 cup unsweetened applesauce (I used sweetened since it was what I had on hand)
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla 
1 ½ cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder 
1 egg

Mix ingredients in order given; pour into greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350° oven for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean. 








No comments: