Monday, October 10, 2011

Halloween

What a great weekend...but for the fact it went by too quickly.
The weather was perfect, I wish it would stay like this through February.

Riley had soccer Saturday morning.
Cooper had football Sunday afternoon.
In between, we took a family walk, celebrated my birthday, and I put up the more of the Halloween decorations.




The bats from last year.


Ghost on the front porch a la Picnik.
Broken screen door a la Booth, he made his own doggy door...again.


Saturday night we were to go to a friends 40th birthday party...they were meeting at their house and then rented a RV to take them around to the bars.  I decided to bring them jello shots for the occasion, with inspiration from Caitlin.


Raspberry vodka and raspberry jello, I thought I had this nailed. 
Nope, I managed to screw them up.
The jello didn't set very well.
I managed to get them cut and the orange wedges looked like crap.
The worst part was the taste.  Way too strong, I overdid the vodka.
However, I'm sure if I waited to break them out later in the night no one would have noticed how strong they were.

I never did make it to the party.  I managed to pull a muscle in my neck/shoulder area and I was in no mood to do anything but pop some ibuprofen and soak in a hot bath.  Nothing like a pulled muscle to make you feel really old.

Next weekend, Caitlin will be in town...can't wait!     

No comments: