Thursday, October 06, 2011

Fort

During our walk the other day, we decided to make a detour up this path that leads to...


a secret...


tree fort that the neigborhood kids have built.


Many a summer day was spent carting wood, nails, and tools there.
I heard a lot of, "Mom, we're going to the fort!"


I haven't been there in awhile and was surprised to see the fort is now three stories high.


Cooper told me yesterday that someone wrecked part of it, including the bottom ladder.  So, they're in the process of fixing it.





Ingenious little carpenters, architects, engineers in the making.
Years from now, I can imagine them saying...
"Remember that fort we built in the woods when we were little?"
Now there are pictures.
They can look back at them and marvel at what they were able to create at 7, 8, 9, 10 years old...and I hope it teaches them they can do anything they set their minds to.
And have fun doing it.

No comments: