Monday, October 03, 2011

10

This little girl turned 10 yesterday.  Double digits.  How quickly the years have gone by. 

She was the only baby of ours that came on her own...3 days early. My water broke at 2 am, in bed. Being a first time mother, I didn't know if I peed myself or if my water broke. Ha!



We were talking about the day she was born, a beautiful sunny and 75 degree day.  She was born on a Tuesday...and Mother Goose was right on when she said Tuesday's child is full of grace.  She is considerate, caring, compassionate, and kind.  She shows patience that sometimes just amazes me.


 







I worked this weekend, so I finished the decorations on Friday.  We celebrated on her actual birthday...Sunday.
I came home after work on Sunday to see Rowyn was all dressed up for the occasion.  Apparently, horizontal stripes are all the rage.


Riley wanted hamburgers, Sun Chips, grapes, pop, and a cookie cake for her birthday...so that's what we had.
Clyde found the Coke tin and mini Coke cans at Sam's Club, perfect...well, except that Riley couldn't get the lid off hers.


Rodiggity provided the comic relief, with grapes in her cheeks and cross eyes.


Not to be outdone, Cooper had to prove he could fit six grapes in his mouth.
Boys.


The birthday girl and her cookie. 
Mom got off easy this year...no fancy cake request.




I had to include the homemade cards from her Grammy and great aunt.  The owl was from Grammy and the cupcake from Aunt Gigi.  Adorable and Riley loved them!

Happy 10th Birthday, Riley Breck!


We love you!

1 comment:

Cait said...

Happy Birthday, Riley! Cannot believe she is 10 already! Let her know I'll be bringing her present when I come home.

And that owl card is SOOOO awesome!! Mom needs to start doing that professionally.