Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Football

This weekend we went to Cooper's football game...what a perfect day for a game!



There he is, 35.


It's hard to figure out what's happening half the time, because they're all bunched up in a big blob.  I much prefer football on the flat screen, with close ups, and commentary. ;)


Every team has their own cheerleaders.
Riley had no interest in cheering...way too girly, you know.
I think Lumpy might use the pom poms as weapons, so I think we'll pass for her.
Rowyn's got a few years before we even need to worry about it.



Dad is the offensive coach for Cooper's team.  At this level, they get to be out on the field helping them line up on the correct side and calling plays in the huddle.

It drives him nuts that they always go the opposite direction that they're supposed to.  You run a play to the right...they go left.
I think it's cute.
They're still little boys after all.


Rowyn had zero interest in football.
The long jump pit was much more fun.


So was filling your shirt with sand.


Her headband is from here
I was so happy with the charcoal, that I ordered them in chocolate brown, plum, and soft pink too.  They're adorable, the seller is awesome to work with, ships quickly, and we've gotten so many compliments!  They actually tie in the back and not only fit Rowyn, but Camdyn, Riley, and even myself.


Clyde signed up to help coach, because of the extra one-on-one time with Cooper and because of his general love of football.  I think he's gotten more than he bargained for...you wouldn't believe the drama with youth football.  Coaches, parents, even players that throw their helmets and quit every other practice.  It's too bad that something that is just supposed to be for fun, to teach them basics, ends up being so competitive.  I heard a mother screaming at the last game, "Cream him, get him, CREAM HIM!"  Oh.em.gee.  They're 8 and 9-year-old boys.  I won't lie, I wanted to cream HER...but instead I burned a hole through her with my laser eyes. ;) Society already teaches our boys to be hard, to be tough...they don't need it from their parents too.  Teach them to follow directions, teach them sportsmanship, teach them the basics of the game, but most of all, teach them to have FUN!  

Okay, off my soap box. 
Sorry!



Cooper got a turn at kicking off.



We all cheered him on.
Rowyn yelled, "Go Pooper!"
Darn those first C's.




In for a drink...and a smile at his Mommy.
I imagine some day he'll be completely embarrassed by mom waving and taking pictures, so for now I'm going to do it as much as I can.

 

No comments: