Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fever, Feet, and Football

I had an extra kid home with me today.
Yesterday, he came home from school with a headache, stomach ache, and a 102° fever.  I thought for sure he had Strep.  So, off to Acute Care, only to find out it's a virus and apparently one they've been seeing quite a bit of this past week.
Since he still had a fever at bedtime, no school for him today.

Of course, he feels fine today...definitely well enough for video games.


His mouth is a little sore, he got his expander today.  The first phase of his orthodontic work...and my first $600 payment towards his $2400 bill.  Ouch.






Tomorrow I'm headed to the Pappajohn Pavilion to see Dr. Phinit Phisitkul.  I was referred by Ortho here to a foot and ankle surgeon at the University of Iowa, after my MRI and bonescan came back abnormal. 

Speaking of the University of Iowa...do you know what Saturday is?!

Go Iowa!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Hawkeyes!!