Thursday, August 25, 2011

Ahh...quiet

With the kids back in school, I was finally able to get some things done around here.  Cleaned windows, washed curtains, cleaned bathrooms, organized paperwork...and, of course, "fayed" (played) with Rowyn, because she was one bored little girl.


I had enough ingredients leftover from the neighborhood party to make another batch of puffs for dessert.  Easiest recipe ever and so delicious.



What you'll need:

1 pack of ready to bake sugar cookies, 24 count
1 tup of Cool Whip
1 tup of Philadelphia Whipped cream cheese
¼ cup sugar
Berries (Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries, whatever you like)
Mini muffin pans
Pam cooking spray
A tart shaper or in my case a wooden juicer, whatever you can find to work


Liberally spray your mini muffin pans with Pam and place one sugar cookie in each opening.  

Bake cookies according to package.
Remove cookies a minute or two before they're finished.
Immediately press the center down on each cookie with your tart shaper.  Allow them to cool for a few minutes and then transfer them to a cooling rack.


Combine Cool Whip, cream cheese, and sugar on high until well combined and light and fluffy. 
Afterall, you want your puffy...fluffy. ;)



Using a pastry bag or gallon ziplock with the corner cut off, pipe the filling into each puff.

Finish off with your favorite berry.
Or in my husband's opinion...skip the berry and leave them plain.



For dinner, I made a Lighter Baked Macaroni and Cheese recipe I found thanks to Caitlin.  I substituted Ritz crackers for the whole wheat bread crumbs...picky kids.  Otherwise, I followed her recipe exactly.   


For my dessert, Clyde brought me home some wine from Mad Housewife Cellars.
Do you think he's trying to tell me something?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL, love the wine! Hahaha, oh Clyde. Those puffs sound delicious and so easy (I'm always on the hunt for the easiest recipes possible) ;)