Friday, August 26, 2011

Disney: The Finale

When the sun sets, the castle glows.
It's really neat, because it changes to every color of the rainbow.
The streetlights come on and people find a spot to sit and wait for the big show.



We had reservations at the Tomorrowland Terrace for their fireworks dessert buffet.  It started one hour before the Wishes Fireworks Show, so we had plenty of time to stuff ourselves with sweets before the big finale.




In a word...divine.
I lost track of how many times we went back for more.
Gluttonous?  Yes.  But it's vacation, right?
They also had an ice cream sundae area and a drink area.
It was not only delicious, but it was the perfect spot to watch the fireworks.





The strip of lights off in the distance is Main Street.  If you look closely, you can see all the people waiting for the show.


Grainy video taken from my Ipod, but you get an idea how neat the show is.  About halfway through, you can also hear Rowyn, "Can we go back to the hotel?  Because I'm really tired."  Haha...really, that's because you're in a food coma.  

Then, the fireworks began...and she forgot about being tired!









I cannot thank my family enough for taking us on such a magical trip.  It was amazing.  Walking into Disney is like walking into another world.  Really, it is...in fact, we didn't see a single mosquito or a single fly...there is no garbage, no clutter...it's bizarre. 

I'm so grateful we had the opportunity to take our kids to Disney, it's a trip they will surely never forget.

My dad must have enjoyed it just as much...he's already talking about going back in 2 years. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I had been there that night!!!

Familyof4 said...

I told you... amazing is an understatment! It is the MOST magical place in the world... I loved your photos... seeing the fireworks I can picture it in my mind, hear the music (with Jimmy Cricket) and pickture Tink flying... I get tears in my eyes when I see Wishes... it is all the emotions; seeing the excitment and images in through your kids eyes, all the memories... I LOVE IT! I am so happy you had a magical time, and YOU MUST GO BACK! You will! :)