Monday, June 13, 2011

Holidays and a holey smile

I've been searching holiday ideas...

I found these apple pie cupcakes at Mommytopics, might have to try them for the Fourth of July.  Cute and easy!

 image via goodhousekeeping magazine

With inspiration from Goodhousekeeping magazine, The Picky Apple
made her own wreath and added a tutorial.  Time-consuming, but so easy, inexpensive, and adds the wow factor to your front door.  I love the flag garland too!



I also have been looking around for Father's Day ideas.  I found this gift bag tutorial at papercrave.  A fun way to get the kids involved.  We are also doing this survey...love the answers the kids are coming up with!


Lumpy lost her first tooth!
She showed it to me Thursday morning...it was just barely wiggly.
By noon she had it out.
She must have ripped that sucker out with brute force. haha
By dinner time, she lost the tooth.
So, Riley (without being prompted) helped her write a note to the tooth fairy explaining the missing tooth.  
Riley is such an amazing big sister.


*******************************************************

So, as you saw in my last post, we're going to Disney World!
My dad surprised us with a family trip.  We're flying, thank God, because I'm not sure we'd survive the 26 hour or so drive.  Along with our family and my parents, two of my sisters, and my brother and his wife are also going.  

Camdyn is already trying to pack.
She asks me every day home many days left, so I am writing it on the chalkboard wall in the kitchen as a count down. 


I found this picture on the net, added the words, and printed one off for each child.  We also printed off fake airline tickets for each one.
In retrospect, we should have let the younger two open them first, since Cooper opened his in a flash.

 

No comments: