Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day

Camdyn and Cooper slept over at my parents house Saturday night.
Rowyn and Riley are our late sleepers, so everyone at our house started off Father's Day by sleeping in.
Happy day!


Clyde told me he really wanted to buy some plants for the yard and get some lattice for the front bed.  Since it was Father's Day, I went along with it.


Haha.  
Not true.  
I drug him with me.
At least I did all the planting.


Afterwards, we went to my parents to celebrate.


Cooper and Camdyn were excited to tell him Happy Father's Day.


My dad in shorts.
Maybe the first time since the early 90's.
For real.
He's more of a jeans and coffee guy on a hot day.
Crazy.


I made hamburger cupcakes for dessert.  An idea I found at Bakerella.


The boys were happy to play together again.
They're going to love their week together!
(Thanks, Carrie!)

********************************************
Cooper made a Father's Day book, like the one he made for me...






This should say, I love to play Call of Duty Black Ops Zombies with my dad. 

Very true, Coop. haha!

No, no he dose not.


I'm pretty certain Cooper has never seen him cry.
But, I'm glad he thinks of him as sensitive like that.
Cooper cries.  Cooper cries a lot.  
I'm okay with that.
Someone once told me to let your boys cry, because the world teaches them the opposite.
I completely agree.

Usually.  haha.

He also had two pages about dad killing spiders and bees for him.  I think they would disagree with the above page. They'd have gone with M is for Murderer of insects.
I'm okay with that though.
I detest spiders. And bees. And gnats.  

Anyway, it was a great Father's Day...spent with family.
I'm very blessed to be able to spend my day with my dad.
I know many aren't able to.
It reminds us to treasure all the time we have.  
Make memories.  
Take pictures. 
And keep the ones that aren't here with us, alive through stories of times past.

Happy Father's Day to all our dad's.
Those here with us in body...and those in our hearts.

 

No comments: