Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Inspiration and a craft

Did you make any New Year's resolutions?  


I'm determined to get this house organized.
Finish all the things we've been putting off around the house.
I want to exercise more.
I want to eat better.
I want to craft more.
I want to be more aware of the things I have and be thankful for them everyday.  I often have tunnel vision and I'm focused so much on something that I miss everything else wonderful around me.  I get wrapped up in one thing, whether bad or good, and it consumes me.  


Every day is a new day and should begin that way.  Fresh.
Everything around us is changing, no matter how subtle and if we would only just stop for a moment, we would see it.
You know, the whole stop and smell the roses thing.  
Well it's true, we need to.  
Every day.


   Etsy never fails me for inspiration.  Like this from the erinjaneshop.




Love this...how fitting it's from theloveshop.


What a good reminder and so very true.  
From grassgreendesign

*********************************************************

Riley needed something to hold her Kindle and I wasn't prepared to spend over $20 on something, so I made her one instead with things I already had on hand; fabric, felt, a button, and an elastic hair band.







The smile on her face when I gave it to her was all I needed. :)

No comments: