Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Feline, Food, and Felt

We ran out of cat food the other day.
Our cat decided desperate times calls for desperate measures.
So he ate the dog food.

Booth was clearly all WTF?!
But he waited patiently, albeit not happily, until Three was finished.

And once Three left, he gobbled up every single remaining morsel.
Then he licked the empty bowl for several minutes.
Cat germs on his bowl, you know.




********************************************
I made a new recipe for dinner the other night.
Clyde and the kids were having grilled pork chops...not my cup of tea.
So, Clyde brought home a butternut squash for me instead.


I found a recipe to try on allrecipes.



Ingredients

  • 1 (4 pound) butternut squash - peeled, seeded, and cubed
  • 1/3 yellow onion, minced
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
  • 6 ounces crumbled blue cheese
  • sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
  • 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs



Directions

  1. Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
  2. Toss the squash, onion, olive oil, 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs, thyme, and blue cheese in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into a large baking dish. Sprinkle 1/4 cup bread crumbs over the squash.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned on top, 35 to 40 minutes.








I used blue cheese, but I'll probably try it with Feta instead next time, since none of kids liked the taste of the blue cheese.  Anyway, I thought it was delicious!


**********************************************

For breakfast, we had corn muffins with honey butter. Corn muffins are like the all time easiest things to make and Rowyn loves them.  Next time I think I'll add some chia seeds to the mix.  Sneak in some extra protein, calcium, and vitamin b, among other things.


***********************************************


I actually made something I pinned.
I needed to, really.
I had to justify all the time I spend on there, pinning things.


So, I made the Valentine's day felt headband I pinned on Pinterest.  I ended up used ribbon for mine, in hopes it stays on her head better.  










******************************************************


My inspiration today comes from Katie Daisy of  thewheatfield.  Love her prints and this isn't any different.  So, I'm getting off this computer, dragging Rowyn away from Jem and the Holograms (whoa, been awhile since I've seen so much 80's hair!), and we're headed out to play in the SNOW!


Yes, it finally snowed.  Actually, it dumped on us.  Nothing like easing you into it.
Yesterday afternoon it was in the 50's...now we're working on windchills in the single digits.
You sneaky winter.

No comments: