Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Crayon Rainbow

Melted crayon rainbows are all over Pinterest...I repinned one and have been planning on making one.  I finally finished mine this weekend with some enlisted help from the kids and my sister, Meghan.

It took one box of 64 crayons and a few extra crayons to line up along the top of the canvas I had left over from a 2 pack I got at Michael's awhile back.  I just added extra filler crayons of the colors I like the most.




Break out the hot glue gun and glue each crayon on.  It took me three glue sticks, but I wanted to make sure they stayed put.


Now the fun part...melting!
I read that some people just set theirs out in the sun, but honestly, I don't have the patience for that. So, we used the hair dryer. 






I'm happy with how it turned out.  It's colorful and cheerful and with summer coming to an end, I need all the cheering I can get. ;)

Camdyn drew this for me at school, she brought it home and told me she knows how much I love rainbows, so she made me a rainbow kitty.
I love it!

1 comment:

Jessa said...

Love, love, love this!