Thursday, September 22, 2011

A's and a recipe

Today, we read The Awful Aardvarks Go to School, which she was very interested in.  They're naughty little Aardvarks, so of course she'd be drawn to them. ;)

Afterwards, we made A's with our homemade playdoh, that used to be one batch of purple and one pink...now they're yuck.  Anyway, they work and they made a pretty good color for the ants we made to go with the A's.




In keeping with our theme, we made Apple Crisp.  A new, super easy recipe.  Easy is good.


Ingredients:
4 apples, I used Gala which I had on hand
½ cup butter, melted
¾ cup packed brown sugar
¾ quick oats
½ cup flour
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

The recipe called for 1 tsp cinnamon and ½ tsp allspice, but since I didn't have allspice, I just used the pumpkin pie spice instead.



Peel, core, and slice the apples and spread them evenly in bottom of pan, which I first sprayed with Pam.  In medium bowl, combine other ingredients.


Sprinkle the mixture evenly over apples.


Ready for the super easy part?


Put the pan in the MICROWAVE for 10-12 minutes.



I don't normally bake using the microwave, but I was willing to try this for a quick dessert.





Okay, so guess what? 
Not only was it easy, it was delicious!
Keeping this recipe, for sure!

No comments: