Thursday, December 01, 2011

Six

Camdyn Elisabeth is six today.

It's hard to believe it has been six years since that snowy day we headed to the hospital to have our little strawberry blonde, blue-eyed girl. Funny thing is, she was my easiest labor...but has proved to be our most interesting child since then.  She was an early walker, an early climber, always busy, and had such an infectious smile and never ceased to make us giggle.

Sometime early on, my sister Meghan started calling her Lumpy.  I'm not even sure how or why it started...but it stuck.  Now that she's getting older, the old Lumpy nickname only seems to come out when she's up to something or done something silly.



Wee Camdyn.
Little Lumpy.




Always such a snuggler.







Definitely her father's daughter!




Probably one of the many reasons Tashi is antisocial.

I remember Lumpy taking on her uncle Brendan.  Pretty sure she won.

Oh Lump.  No wonder it took 100 pictures to get one halfway decent shot.  Someone always had to be silly.


Looking back at pictures, these past six years seem like a blur.  It makes me sad to think she's six years old already, yet proud to see the little girl she's becoming.  Camdyn is so creative, she's an amazing artist, I'm always hearing how she is the most polite little girl.  She's sweet, she's caring, and yeah, sometimes wears my patience thin...but then again, they all do from time to time.  Honestly, I wouldn't change a thing...she's packed full of personality and I love that crazy girl.

Happy 6th Birthday, Lumptastic...we love you!

No comments: