Monday, December 19, 2011

Making pins

We did some baking this weekend, both things I pinned on Pinterest.  I certainly pin more things than I actually try, but did manage to make these two...one much less labor intensive than the other.

On Saturday we made melted Rollo's.  According to the website I pinned the recipe from, we made 'bastard Rollo turtles', because we left out the pecans and replaced them with white chocolate chips.  Easiest, fastest recipe ever.  No pictures, because I accidently deleted them on Sunday and couldn't take new pictures, because they were ALL gone by then. 

Saturday night, I made a batch of sugar cookie dough...I followed the recipe that I pinned and let the dough chill overnight.

On Sunday, we started the all afternoon process of rolling, cutting, baking, frosting, and decorating.  While I rolled and cut, Clyde and Riley made the Royal Icing (also from the same pinned recipe).

Then we decorated...

Rowyn dressed herself, in case you weren't sure. ;)



Daddy helped with the royal icing...which is a royal pain in the ass, by the way.  Kudos to bakers that work with that stuff, because trying to get the consistency right and having patience outlining, filling in, and then decorating.  oh em gee...not for me.
I'm going to a neighbor's house tonight for a cookie exchange, so I decorated a few dozen to take with.  Thank God I don't bake for a living. 
 



The kids did a great job decorating theirs, very colorful...perhaps a little hard to chew due to hundreds of sprinkles...but they had fun.  The recipe I followed, while time consuming, was very tasty and the royal icing is really pretty once it dries.

What are some of your favorite go-to recipes for Christmas?

No comments: