Friday, December 23, 2011

Instafriday

December 19th was my dad's birthday.  He chose to go to Texas Roadhouse for dinner, since none of us have been there yet.  The kids couldn't believe they not only give you peanuts while you wait, but you can just toss the shells on the ground when you're done.  They all decided they were glad they didn't have to clean the floor at the end of the day. Ha!


I don't care to think about how many of those buns I ate.  The butter was pretty awesome too...although my dad hated it.  What?!


For an appetizer, we had a baby blossom.  It was delicious!  Rowyn gobbled it up...and when my mom asked her what she was eating, Rowyn said, "French fries!"  Little did she know. ;)


I had a salad, salmon, and fries with cheese.  No calories there. 
My husband and my dad had steaks that I'm pretty sure were still mooing.  Gross.

All in all, we had a good time.  My biggest complaint would be that it is SO loud there.  It was hard to have a conversation with my mom across the table, because I could hardly hear her. 

Aside from that, it was fun.  The staff broke out in line dancing periodically...it was somewhat reminiscent of the Wilderness restaurant we went to at Disney.  There's a saddle you can sit on while they sing to you for your birthday...my dad declined, thank God.  Instead they gave him a "Yee haw!" and announced he was turning 17 again.

********************************************




Booth thought it would be fun to shred our down comforter.  There were feathers strewn all through the house.  I.was.not.amused.


********************************************



Yesterday, Clyde took Riley and Cooper to an Iowa Hawkeye basketball game, our friends from up the street went with.  The tickets were $10 and that came with a free hot dog and drink...not a bad deal.





The kids said they had a fantastic time and Iowa won...even better!

I had planned on doing some wrapping while they were gone, but a certain three-year-old was up until after 11pm.  So, looks tonight will be some power wrapping.  I don't know why I leave it until the last minute every year. 

Actually, I do...because procrastination is my middle name.

No comments: