Thursday, October 29, 2009

Quilts

I'm crushing right now on quilts. I'm so completely jealous of women that can make them, especially the really intricate ones. In high school we had the choice of cooking class or sewing...guess which one I chose. Oh what I wouldn't give for a house full of quilts. Quilts of different colors, sizes, textures, styles. I would have fall quilts, winter quilts, etc, etc.

I love the look of rag quilts and it appears they are easier to make than a regular quilt, so I'm going to set my mind to it and *try* and make a rag quilt. There seem to be millions of tutorials to make one, so I'm going to have to sift through and see which one seems easiest (or makes the most sense for this non-sewer).

I remember when I was little, the room we used to meet in for girl scouts at Nativity school was also used by a quilt club. I remember seeing the little old ladies sitting around a huge table quilting and chit chatting. I need to find a quilt club! Anyone else want to join?




No comments: