Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Broom

On Tuesday, I paid Camdyn a quarter to sweep the front sidewalk.

On Wednesday, the broom was missing.

I looked in the yard, I searched the garage, I combed the house. No broom. Camdyn, swore she had no idea where it went.

That afternoon, I left for work. While driving, I heard a thump on the roof of the car. I glanced in the rearview mirror only to see a broom tumbling behind me. My broom. Found it. Lumpy had apparently decided to store it on the luggage rack of the Expedition and after reaching 45 mph, it couldn't hold on any longer. Oh, Lump.

Thank God no one was behind me.

When telling the story to Riley, she wanted to know if I'm sure it was our broom. She was concerned I'd just killed a witch...


1 comment:

Cait said...

Too funny! Perfect time of year for a flying broom! :)