Friday, October 09, 2009

Pumpkin Shaped Sugar Cookies

Yesterday was a good day. No work, the kids were pretty well behaved, I made homemade potato soup, banana bread for breakfast the next day, and we made sugar cookies in the shape of pumpkins. The kids did all the decorating. My mom and I took the kids to the play area at the mall, where they played their fool heads off. I found some cute candle sticks at Goodwill I plan to paint later.
I watched Nie Nie on Oprah and she really put things into perspective; something as simple as wrapping her child in a towel after tubby time, lifting him up and cuddling is impossible now due to burns on 80% of her body. Things that most of us take for granted everyday. I'm trying to make a mental note to slow down and enjoy every moment, no matter how small and seemingly inconsequential it may be.


Immediately after this photo, Cooper licked the frosting off and threw the cookies out.

Riley said her pumpkins were friendly, because she didn't want to eat scary pumpkins.



Camdyn's pumpkin seems to have thrown up all over the other one.


Cooper fell asleep with Brody the monkey in our bed. It was the perfect end to a perfect day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great day. Baking cookies like that looks like lots of fun. Hey could you send me a recipe -easy one please haha- for the banana bread. I bet the twins would love that. thank you mucho!!

I watched a little bit about NieNie online on Oprah's Site. I wish i could've watch the whole thing. She is such a strong woman. It really makes you think, you're so right.

So bed time here. See ya next week =)

Cait said...

Not only do Camdyn's pumpkins not have faces, but she is giving quite the face! The other two are smiling nicely though!