Sunday, December 28, 2008

When my husband called me at work to tell me he and the kids were outside in the car and my daughter had something to tell me...I knew it couldn't be good. As I walked out, he rolled down Camdyn's window...how did I know it would be Lumpy? After playing coy for about 30 seconds, she finally managed to say quite proudly, "I fall in Papa's pond and Meghan rescue me. Daddy too."

Yep, she wasn't kidding.

Clyde went on to tell me that Camdyn was out with Aunt Meghan and that she was shoveling the snow out of the yard while Meghan cleaned snow off her car. A minute later, Meghan heard a cry she's never heard before, followed by a desperate plea, "Meghan help me!" Meghan raced over to find Camdyn had broken through the ice layer on the pond. Meghan laid down to distribute her weight, reached in and grabbed her out. Clyde heard the screaming from inside, rushed out, leaped over the deck railing, and was there just as Meghan was getting her out. Aside from being cold and wet and very scared...she was okay. I'm actually glad I was at work, otherwise I could quite possibly have had a coronary.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...never a dull moment with Lumpy around.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh my Erin! Just the thought of it all just makes me freak out. I'm so glad Lumpy is alright and that Meghan heard her and that Clyde was right there too.

Anna said...

OMG. My heart just skipped a beat reading that. Thank goodness she was ok and that Meghan was there. So did you feel like hugging her and strangling her all at the same time?

SugarAndSpiceX3 said...

OH GOOD LORD! Lumpy, Lumpy, Lumpy! Give Meghan a BIG high five for coming to the rescue!

Mar said...

OMG!! How incrediblely scary! I'm so glad that Meghan was right there w/ her!
That child is something else isn't she??!!
I'm so glad she's ok!

Jessa said...

OMG Erin! My heart skipped a few beats reading that. I am so glad she's okay. {{hugs}}