Tuesday, December 16, 2008

As I was running around the house trying to get things straightened up, picking clothes out for school the next day, starting yet another load of laundry, stressing about the holidays, I came around the corner and stopped dead in my tracks. There was no yelling, no fighting, no bickering, things were too quiet. I listened more intently and heard just the sound of Riley's voice and following it, I found her in her room. I peeked carefully around the corner and there they were...in jammies, under blankets, listening intently to Riley reading them a bedtime story. My heart smiled.

Before tucking Riley into her top bunk, I found this hanging on the wall above her pillow. She must have done it this weekend while I was at work. That girl always amazes me.



1 comment:

Lori said...

That is so sweet...I got teary-eyed reading that. It looks like Riley gets her creativity from you!