Monday, June 04, 2012

Four

What a busy, but fun weekend!


Cooper and his team had a baseball tournament, four games later and he was a tired boy.  Poor guy woke up with a sore throat and croupy cough on Sunday.  

Riley and her team had a softball tournament.  
Clyde and I had to divide and conquer to get it all in.  I'm bummed I missed watching Cooper's games this time.

But I'm happy I got to watch Riley's team win the tournament!

What a great bunch of girls and what a confidence booster for them!

After the tournament, party prep started.
Rowyn told me she wanted to wear her watermelon dress for her party, so I went with a watermelon theme.
Pinterest hooked me up with some ideas.

Watermelon cake balls .

I made a watermelon banner out of cardstock.

I sewed several garlands to hang.

I made watermelon cupcakes.

Wrapped the cake balls.


Cut flowers from the yard.  Oh, how I love lilies.


I made punch.
This was actually the second batch.  The first one cracked the glass container, so I had to send Clyde running to Target to exchange it.



Riley did a great job keeping the birthday girl busy, by doing her nails...as watermelons!  
She came up with it all on her own and surprised me with them when they were finished.  Cute!

Rowyn requested a special guest at her party. :)
Quinn and his family came and celebrated with us.
The watermelon on a stick was a big hit.  Genius who ever came up with that idea!

 Halfway through her party, she decided on an outfit change. Such a girly girl.

I can't believe she's four-years-old today.  
My baby, no longer a baby.


 It's hard to believe it's been four years already. 
She was just hours old in the picture, lying in her Grammy's arms.

Then yesterday, sassed up with the Rapunzel wig Meghan and Carrie gave her.  I have a feeling we're going to be seeing a lot of that wig.

She had a wonderful party and we're very thankful we were able to spend it with family and friends.  


Rowyn was very happy with all her presents and fell asleep cuddling with her new sock monkey from Finny.



 Today is the last day of school here.

Next year we'll have a 5th grader, 4th grader, 1st grader, and a preschooler.  Cooper's already too cool to smile. ;)


But for now...summer vacation here they come!

No comments: