Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Those moments...

I realize I spend a lot of time talking about what Camdyn has done now or who hit who, but it's moments like this morning that remind me why being a Mommy is the best job in the world. As I was rushing around emptying the dishwasher, switching laundry, sweeping the floor, I stopped and realized my girls were sitting in the warm sun, a favorite spot for our kitties, reading and listening and enjoying one another.

There are 10 years between my sister Caitlin and I, and 13 years between Meghan and I. Growing up I think I felt more like a mother hen to them, than a sister. I don't feel slighted in the least, I love my siblings...and miss them terribly. I want to be able to call them up and go shopping, or get our nails done (Meghan, you know you're hooked now), or getting together for a bbq and s'mores. I think that is the one thing I hope for for my children. That they live close enough to be able to enjoy one another like they do now. The years of childhood go by oh-so quickly and I want nothing more than for them to love each other then, as they do now. I think about how Riley and Cooper start off in Cooper's bed every night, reading books to one another or playing their DS's, all while giggling. Clyde and I get so frustrated, because it takes them forever to settle down. But these times will go by in the blink of an eye, before I know it they'll be teenagers and want nothing to do with reading together or being in the other's room.

It's a good reminder for me to stop worrying if my house is the cleanest on the block, but to instead take a step back and just enjoy them when they're little.

I think my house will be messy tomorrow, so please don't stop by. ;)



*I love you too, Bubba. So if you want to get your nails done or something, let me know! ;)

4 comments:

Familyof4 said...

That is the sweetest blog ever! Good for you for putting that out there! We all need that reminder from time to time!

Cait said...

I miss you too! Maybe we should all pack up and move somewhere warm together? Can't wait to see you at the end of the month!

Mar said...

That was great Erin! So true! You've got me a little teary-eyed over here;)

Unknown said...

I like this one. A lot. Made me shed a few, though. Shattered my image for sure.