Friday, June 12, 2009

Jessie

We have a neighborhood packed with kids. They move like a swarm of bees from one house to another. It's actually pretty nice, because not only are the kids kept busy, but by moving house to house, us mommies get a break from the madness.

Tonight we had the neighbors, Jen, Stan, and their kids down for s'mores. In conversation, Jen asked if I had heard about "the Jessie incident". Now Jessie is their dog, a Yorkie, I believe, and given that I know Camdyn, I was a little nervous what was coming next. Sure enough, she went on to tell me that Camdyn had kicked Jessie. She said she explained to Camdyn that its not nice to kick animals and how would she like it if she came to her house and kicked her dog.

Camdyn looked her square in the eye, lifted up two fingers on each hand and said, "You can't, because I have two dogs and two cats."

Oh, Lump.

No comments: