Monday, July 21, 2008


Rowyn ~


Gaelic for little red one, which turned out to be pretty fitting. I'm not quite sure why people have such a hard time saying her name, to me it isn't that tricky. When Rowyn was born, Clyde's brother, Rich, thought her name was Roling O'Neill rather than Rowyn Camille. At Clyde's family reunion this weekend, two of his aunts referred to her as Roland...both of which had received baby announcements with her name spelled out on it. When Riley was born, Clyde's mom came to visit at the hospital and wanted to know where we came up with the name, Ripley Brick at...um, we didn't, that would be Riley Breck...but I digress.


My grandmother last night kept asking how to spell Rowyn, she kept sticking a U into it...but she's damn near 90 with dementia, so you can hardly blame her. For all these other people that can't figure out the difference between Rowyn and Roling and Roland and Rowend...call your doctor, you need your ears flushed.


I've included a copy of her birth announcement that we sent out. =)

2 comments:

trente33trois said...

think after 7 and a half years people in our family would be able to spell Ava correctly. Sadly, it's still common to get Eva on a birthday card or an e-mail. Or my step-sister who spells his name Myles.

Em said...

I don't know you, but I wanted to say I adore the name Rowyn for a girl. I have decided that for my next child, and I pray it's a girl, I will name her Rowyn. And hopefully she will get my husband's red hair! I have twins, 3 year old girl/boy twins - Zayne Emily Tayten and McAuley Eden Thomas.

We get asked ALOT about how we got their names and there is a story behind each one!