Friday, July 25, 2008

David, Where Are You? ~

Clyde thinks I must be straight up crazy. I have frequent dreams that are shall we say...interesting. One that my husband constantly gives me a hard time about is one I had several years ago. I was apparently screaming out loud, so he nudged me awake. I had been dreaming that my car broke down and when I got out to take a look at it, I was attacked by a deer. This huge ass Bambi was on her hind legs smacking me with her front hooves. It was a vicious attack and completely unwarranted, I've always been anti-hunting.

Last night I was awoken to my husband, whom I lovingly refer to as Fire, smacking my arm. He said I was yelling, "David, where are you?" and he said I kept screaming louder and louder. It was one of those dreams where you're still scared, even after you're awake. What was this horrible nightmare? I was trapped in a rinky-dink gas station, owned by some David character, whose face I never did see, it was completely pitch black and apparently someone was 'after me'. I can't remember the events that led me to that ghastly gas station, but I was awake for quite some time after. Ridiculous, right?!

For the record, I have a mother who has reoccurring dreams of people chasing her with scissors, so perhaps it's genetic?

No comments: