Tuesday, August 14, 2012

St. Louis

We recently drove to St. Louis to visit my brother and his wife.  My parents and sister, Meghan, went as well.


Some children were less thrilled about the six hour drive than others.


And thank God for movies in the car. 

Instead of eating fast food for lunch, we stopped at a rest stop and had a picnic with stuff we brought from home.  The rest stop had a playground, so the kids were able to stretch and wear off a little energy.


At some point, I think the long ride started to get to Rowyn.  She was delirious, I think. Ha!

We finally got to St. Louis after what seemed like endless road construction and after checking in at our hotel, we headed over to my brother's house.
He and his wife just bought it, it was a new construction, so they were able to pick out upgrades and such.
It's a beautiful home and we're so happy for them!
Now they need to start having some babies to fill up all those bedrooms! ;)


**************************************

The next day, we all headed over to the St. Louis Science Center.  


Cooper learned to operate a train using binary code.

This had balls traveling through it, very cool.


The speed of the balls was run by a giant hamster wheel at the bottom.  Daddy helped Rowyn get it started.


Rowyn was very interested in the giant, moving T Rex.
There was a whole archaeology room where the kids were able to dig for dinosaur bones.


The science center has a sky walk that goes over I64. Riley liked the radar detector and clocking speeders.


My only child who would stand in front of the giant penny.  The rest were not cooperating.  Imagine that.
Part of the engineering area was constructing the arch.  
A fun group effort.
Excuse my blurry photo.

The top floor at our hotel held an executive suite.  They had food/snacks in the morning, noon, and evening.
We went up for drinks and desserts that night.  
Of course, my youngest sister provided the comic relief...nice smile, Megs.


Never a dull moment when Meghan is with you.
I laughed so hard I cried.
Sunday morning, we went to brunch at Jilly's Cupcake Bar and Cafe.  They were on Cupcake Wars and won!  The cupcakes they had were huge...and delicious!
I seriously cannot believe how much I ate.
Like three trips to the buffet...two of which were strictly for desserts. 

We had a great trip.  
Short, but fun...well, except for the sick kid Saturday night.
I don't know what it is about St. Louis, one of my kids always has to get sick.
Must be because of all the Cardinal/Rams crap they are subjected to. ;)

No comments: