Thursday, November 03, 2011

Catalogs

Rowyn had her Halloween party at dance class yesterday. 
She helped me stuff treat bags before we left, complete with Pirate's Booty.  My kids love that stuff.


Dressed and ready to go, complete with attitude.


Once we were home, we checked the mail and found a Target toy catalog.  Rowyn sat down and started circling all the things she wants...which clearly was most of the book.  I remember doing that as kids and of course, fighting over who circled it first...because we all know there is only one of them in the whole wide world.

So, while she was wrapped up in toy dreamland, I figured why couldn't I make my own grown up dream list?  If I was the lucky lottery ticket holder in Connecticut, it would be a shopping list instead of a dream list.  *sigh*  That stupid computer drawing forgot to pick my numbers.  Again.   

Erin's Dream List:
Have you seen the ads for this Electrolux washer and dryer...you know, the ones with Kelly Ripa?  Well, they wash clothes in 15 minutes and dry them in 14.  What?!  There are six people in this house, laundry is out of control...these are genius. 


The Keurig B60


The Silhouette Cameo...crazy cool the things this can do

The Canon EOS 5D Mark II...it's my dream list, why not go for the mack daddy? ;)

Adobe Lightroom 3

This hamper and most of the rest of Anthropologie.

This armoire from Dwell Studio.

Okay, I have to stop.  I could go on and on and on.  Couldn't we all?  Don't we see things we'd like everyday? 

In a magazine.
In a store.
At a friend's house.
On the internet.
On the television.

I think that's why I like Pinterest so much.  It's a giant catalog of things I like, inspirational things, things I'd love to have, new ideas for my home.  I guess what it boils down to is that even after all these years, I'm still 'circling' the things I'd like...just in a different format. :)

1 comment:

Cait said...

Rowyn - haha! What a pose! She looked super cute too. I don't even need that washer and dryer because someday I'll have my own personal maid to do all my laundry for me.