Friday, April 06, 2012

Stuff

A blog post...whoa, hard to believe right?
I'm a sucky blogger, aren't I.
Things have been crazy busy.



I have been making it a point to bake more, so miss sassy pants and I have been trying new recipes.

The other day I made this banana bread recipe using greek yogurt.  Except, I substituted the plain greek yogurt with Almond Creme Greek Yogurt (omg...have you tried that stuff...amazing!) and I used almond extract instead of vanilla.  It was awesome and I'll definitely make it again.

We made brownie cupcakes and with peanut butter frosting.  Can't remember which recipe I used for the frosting, but it was just peanut butter, powdered sugar, milk, vanilla extract, and butter.  I think my husband devoured four or five that night...so I guess they went over pretty well. ;)

Riley finished up her volleyball season, it's been fun seeing the progress she and her team have made.

Now we're on to softball and baseball.  We bought a pitch back and Riley couldn't get it set up fast enough.  I remember having one as kid, but when it broke I used my parents outdoor fireplace instead.  When I broke the door on it, I was banished from pitching against anything.  Mean parents. ha!

Speaking of parents, my mom has a some super cute Easter decorations set up on her front porch.  LOVE all the colors!

We've been working on the yard this week...Rowyn was a great help with the mulch.

My friends on Facebook have seen this one already...but there's the mulch princess with her "boy fend, Finny".

This poor kitty had so many mats we finally decided he needed a hair cut.  The vet went with the lion cut with high boots on the legs.  When our other cat saw him for the first time, she sniffed him and then hissed.  Clearly, she wasn't impressed.  I think he looks more like a Holstein cow than lion...either way, the mats are gone.  Now the weather needs to warm back up, old boy is a little cold now. Ha!


So, things have been busy, hectic, and a little stressful.  We're *thinking* about putting our house up for sale.  Crazy, right?  We haven't said anything to the kids yet, so if you know them...please don't say anything to them.  Until we know for sure, we aren't going to mention it.  So, my blogging will probably stay sporadic for awhile, but I'll try a little harder to update more often.


Have a great Easter!

No comments: