Friday, January 14, 2011

New Colors

We finally took down the Christmas decorations the other day and since everything looked so blah, I decided to bring up the Valentine's decorations.  

That el-cheapo lamp is so ugly.
  
I like the one from Ballard Designs, but not the price...ouch!



Everything is the same as last year, except for the two felt hearts I made, and the big star, which is actually a doily stretcher I found at Goodwill. 

Yesterday, we cut out paper hearts and I sewed them together to make a garland, which we ultimately hung on the back door.  They are different shades of pink, not that you can tell from the picture.

Clyde was a big help taking down decorations, he took down all the lights, ornaments, and boxed everything up...so I guess I shouldn't complain that when he took the tree out, it only made it as far as the deck.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Our tree is still up....so Clyde is a few steps ahead of Ken ;)
You always make your house look SO nice - great job!