Sunday, December 19, 2010

Felt Ornaments

Since somebody fell asleep in the middle of eating her licorice, I used the time to make some felt ornaments.



I decided to make a few for the cats, with a little extra added ingredient.  I plan on giving them out without letting their humans know about the kitty weed...watching the cats scale the tree should make for great fun on Christmas.  haha!

I started by printing off the letter, cutting it out, tracing it onto the felt, and then cutting it out of the felt.  I used a toy to trace the circle onto the felt and cut out two of those, as well.  I picked out coordinating thread and first hand sewed the letter to the felt front.  I then stitched around the outside being sure to sew through the ribbon I'd decided on for the hanger.




Stop about 3/4 of the way, stuff with filler and a little catnip.  Finish hand stitching it closed...and you're done!

I made this one for my Mom's cat, Oliver. 


Three didn't get the memo it's not for him...

So, to pacify him, I gave him his own.  Let the drug-induced coma begin.  If you've never seen a cat high on the nip, you don't know what you're missing.  Seriously funny stuff!

No comments: