Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sewing

Now that the kids are back in school, I've had a little more time to sew.  I found some pink tea towels at the dollar tree and am in the process of making them into pillows.



I bought some plain black and orange bags at the end of the season last year and am finally getting around to decorate them. 


I enjoy sewing once the machine is set up and working, but switching thread, filling bobbins, and figuring out stitches and tension is not my forte.  It's almost comical that I have all these patterns bookmarked on my computer, because at this point, I have troubles just sewing in a straight line. And what is with all this ironing crap?  Iron this seam...press down your hem.  Really people, I hardly ever iron my clothes, much less iron something that may or may not even turn out in the end.  I'm sure the whole 'practice makes perfect' holds true here, but I don't have the patience for that. 

No comments: