Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Yesterday was my birthday, and for a multitude of reasons, not a very happy one.
My parents ended up bringing Chinese food out to the house, along with my present. It was nice not having to cook and being with family always makes me feel better...she also made cupcakes with homemade frosting, how can't that make someone happy?! After dinner, they gave me their gift. Along with a beautiful note (which made me cry), she handed me this box (and after I saw the logo, I cried again...because I now had a pretty good idea what it was). I opened it (and cried some more), it was the mother's necklace I had coveted from Etsy and blogged about (apparently Mom reads my blog)!
It's gorgeous, and it made me cry, smile, and forget about my crappy day...and it made my birthday a happy one.
Thanks Mom and Dad, I love you!
You can click on the picture to see a bigger image, I was too lazy to switch lenses to get a better close up. ;)

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Beautiful babe! What an awesome gift.

SugarAndSpiceX3 said...

Wow! Gotta love moms! I think I will be adding a certain necklace to my Christmas list! You always find the cutest things.