Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Riley decided she wanted to get her ears pierced for her birthday, so off we went to Claire's to get them done. They gave us a board to choose which style she wanted...she choose diamonds, and unless she asks if they're real, I'll just let her believe they are. So, of course, I break out my camera, because I am after all the meanest mom in the world and had to capture the moment. I was happy to hear they could pierce both sides at the same time, because I have to admit I was a tad nervous that after they did one side, she'd never let them do the other.

As they were prepping her ears, I heard some lady say, "Did you see what they're making that poor little girl do?"

Yeah lady, that's it, I drug here and forced her to get her ears pierced...OR ELSE! Perhaps if she were 2-months-old, but we decided they are Riley's ears and she got to make the decision when and if she wanted her ears pieced. Love those unsolicited comments.

All ready to go! She admits she's a little nervous...

At this point, I'm thinking I should have brought an emesis basin from work. I put the camera down, held her hand, she cried for a minute or so, then looked at her ears in the mirror and was instantly back in diva mode.

My 7-year-old and her new 'diamond' earrings. ;)

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Love the 'diamonds' and the little girl is cute too!