Friday, February 10, 2012

Food, tv, and treadmills

I'm still on board with the smoothie craze.  It's fun trying different combinations.

This was plain greek yogurt, mixed berries, flax seed, and almond milk.  Not bad, but a little too tart for the kids.

Cooper called this the dirt smoothie.  It was spinach, mixed berries, banana, a clementine, flax seed, 3 oz of plain greek yogurt, chia seeds, and almond milk.  It was delicious.  I had it for lunch yesterday after my visit with doctor drill and fill.  They finished my root canal which took all of fifteen minutes.

Have you ever had grilled cauliflower?
Delicious!
I adapted a recipe from here.


A whole wheat tortilla, hummus, broccoli sprouts, tomato, onion, lettuce, pepper, and a little feta cheese served with baked Lentil chips.


Broccoli sprouts are like super broccoli.  They provide up to 100 times the power of mature broccoli to neutralize carcinogens.  


I've been concentrating on eating better.
I honestly feel like I have more energy which is good, because God knows there's plenty to get done around here.




*******************************************

Once the kids are in bed, it's time to start up the DVR'd shows.  Our DVR is pretty busy, we have a pretty big line up of shows we watch.  A list that just got longer thanks to some great new shows.


Alcatraz.  Lost fans, Hurley is back!  Clyde and I are digging Alcatraz.


From executive producer J.J. Abrams (FRINGE, “Lost,” “Star Trek,” and the recent blockbuster “Super 8”) comes ALCATRAZ, a thrilling new series that follows a unique trio investigating the mystifying reappearance of 302 of Alcatraz’s most notorious prisoners and guards, 50 years after they vanished.  via

The River.  The two-hour pilot was almost packed with too much at once.  That said, I'm still going to watch the next episode next week.  It stars Bruce Greenwood, whom I still associate as Nick Parsons from Double Jeopardy.  Funny how some roles stick in your mind.


Revenge, without a doubt one of my favorite shows on right now. 


We also DVR The Good Wife, Criminal Minds, CSI, Bones, Unforgettable, and American Idol.  Throw in a occasional episode of Hoarders or Pawn Stars and that DVR is well worth it.


Pathetic, right?  This is why we're almost never in bed before midnight...and why I need more energy.


*********************************************


Walking on the treadmill has to be one of my least favorite things to do of all time.  Our treadmill is pretty basic, no ipod plug in, no cool screen to mimic a walk outside, just a ridiculous button to take your pulse...or so it claims.  So to battle my boredom, I turn on Pandora and usually play these two games...


Temple Run...oh my addictive.  Currently, Cooper holds the record in our house with around 2.5 million points.  It's a little tricky to play on the treadmill and I'm honestly waiting for the day I fall.  I'm sure that will be quite the sight.


7 Little Words is like a crossword puzzle meets a word find.  It's fun and time flies by when I'm playing it.




 I also discovered that having Rowyn paint while I walk on the treadmill is not a good way to keep her occupied.  She painted the dog.

No comments: