Thursday, September 13, 2012

Coming together

I caught Rowyn chillin' out watching her Daddy build our new house. 
It's neat seeing the progress they're making now.


The first floor walls are framed.

This will be the view from from our living room.



We are building a new home.
And unfortunately, our neighbor lost his.

5:30am on Sunday we woke up to someone ringing the doorbell, someone pounding on the door, the phone ringing, and the dog barking.  

It was our neighbors, they told us our next door neighbor's house was on fire.

I didn't know how bad the fire was, so I grabbed my camera and headed out the front door.


This was the sight when I came through the door.
Panic set in.
A sheriff arrived and told us we needed to get everyone out of the house.
We huddled the kids and dog together and pulled our car out.
The little girls were so scared, so after settling them down, we had them watch a movie in the car.  It distracted them and was just what they needed.

We huddled with our neighbors in shear disbelief of what was happening.

When the sun finally rose, the fire was out, and we got our first views of the shell of a house left.







It is still surreal.
When I see the house it is still hard for me to believe this happened.

I will tell you that the entire situation is a sad one.  
For everybody involved.
The news doesn't always tell the whole story.
My heart breaks for everyone affected by this tragedy.

We have come together.
Cried together.
Laughed together.
Hugged together.
We will get through this.
Together.



No comments: