Thursday, July 09, 2009

A New Spin

Today was Rowyn's 12 month well child appointment. She is my peanut at 20lbs, 6 oz and 30 1/4". She had 4 shots today and was supposed to have her lead level checked as well, thankfully her pediatrician put it off until 18 months, she said she's been poked enough lately. True enough!

Her pediatrician gave me the final lab report that came from the State Hygienic Laboratory, she said I might want it for her baby book. The interesting spin was the results...she did not have E. Coli. The labs detected Shiga toxin 2, but e. coli was not found. She was bewildered, as was I. The lab report status is final, which means it will not be sent to the CDC for additional testing to find out exactly what caused the Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome. So there it is, crazy, huh?!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Holy shit Erin! I'd totally be wanting some more answers!