Thursday, June 26, 2008

Mothra ~

My mother-in-law was well known for her love of sci-fi, monster movies; giant bunnies, killer bees, Godzilla. One of her favorite movies was Mothra vs Godzilla...no really a giant moth goes up against Godzilla, seriously, who thinks this stuff up?
This morning after going out to retrieve the daily newspaper, I am *certain* I found the inspiration for the creature, Mothra. After running inside to snap some pictures, I had to Google it to see what the hell kind of mutant was parked on my front stoop. After looking at the pictures, I'm quite sure it's a female...and apparently a blond version at that...she was laying her eggs on my front door step. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, eh? It is a Hyalophora Cecropia Moth, also more commonly known as, a Robin Moth.


Here she is...in active labor



Here is a borrowed picture of the male version, up close and personal...


No comments: