Wednesday, February 06, 2008



Snow Tunnels ~
Mother Nature just dumped a foot, plus of snow on us...I haven't heard the official amount yet; schools were canceled, a snow emergency was declared in Asbury, banks were closed, my work closed early (no work tonight, bonus!). Everyone and everything stayed inside waiting out the storm...well, everyone but the kids! Riley and Cooper were dying to get outside since they woke up this morning, but they didn't go out until late this afternoon when the snow finally subsided. I'm quite sure they would have stayed out till dark, had we let them. They had shovels and a broom (not sure what good that did, but whatever) and they were busy making snow tunnels through the huge piles out front. I remember making them as kids, loved doing that! It's funny, now I can't spend 5 minutes out there without thinking how fricken cold out it is...but as a child I don't think the cold even registered. In fact, I vividly remember getting frostbite on at least 2 occasions...nothing a little warm tap water from the kitchen sink couldn't cure. I managed to get two pictures of them while standing on the threshold of the front door...that's as far as I ventured out.

1 comment:

trente33trois said...

Now I feel like a whiner for complaining about it being 40 degrees here.