Friday, December 16, 2011

Petey Woody Charlie

I can't believe the countdown to Christmas is in the single digits. 
Yikes!

I keep thinking about all the things left to do before then.
We've had two down with the stomach flu and I'm praying that's where it ends.  I've bleached every surface in my house.  Next up is santizer baths for the kids. Ha.  Seriously though, the stomach flu hits, I get pink eye, and a note comes home from school that someone in Camdyn's Kindergarten class has head lice and I need to check her head for 15 minutes.  Perfect, I'll look in between vomiting sessions.  Anyway, Isn't it too cold for lice?  Geez. 

I'm making the same teacher/bus driver gifts that I made at the end of the school year last year. 
I found a lot of cute ideas on Pinterest, but in the end I went with easy and practical. 

Yesterday, we made these cookies with a recipe I followed from here.
So, I made them yesterday...and they were gone by last night.
I guess that means they went over pretty well...well, except for Riley who spit hers in the sink when I told her they had cranberries in them.  That was dumb...a little white lie would have been much better. 

Oh, they're just chewy little chocolates...they're supposed to be red for Christmas.

No, instead I tell her the truth, which quickly elicits her gag reflex.




I got sucked into all the Elf on Shelf crap.  Honestly, the thought that this little stuffed creature might stop some of the fighting and naughtiness around here, was enough to sell me on it.

So, meet Petey Woody Charlie.
Yes, he has three first names.  Why?  Because they even fought over what to name him.  Tears were involved, yelling, and even a slap when someones name wasn't drawn out of the hat.

So, I used my executive decision to name him Petey Woody Charlie.  Everyone won.  Well, except Rowyn whose name choice was Bear Poop.
Bear Poop, really?  Where does that even come from? (The idea, not the poop...duh, I know that) Ha!


In honor of Instafriday...my one and only Instagram picture the entire week.

After circling around on the bed fifteen times, he finally found just the right spot and stayed there all afternoon.  Lazy dog.  Plus, he pissed the cats off, because they claimed the foot of our bed long before Booth was here.


Have a great and productive weekend! :)

No comments: