Friday, December 09, 2011

Instafriday

Friday!  What a week, extra shifts at work, doctors appointments, dentist appointments, school functions, basketball practice, Christmas decorating, cleaning, laundry...and the basement is still a mess from last weekends storage room clean up. 

Rowyn waiting for her xray...can you tell she was a little nervous?  She cooperated and everything came back fine.
Waiting to pick up the kids...heat cranked up and Snoop dee oh double gee provided the entertainment.  I love the Holly station right now, but need some variety.

It looks like Rowyn organized a Fisher Price prayer group on my nightstand.  She also managed to get Eucerin lotion on the nightstand, down comforter, pillow, and how did we know it was her?  Little lotion footprints leading to her bedroom.  Guilty.
St. Nick found our house.
Back to the doctor's office.  Three weeks ago, she had a wart removed on her hand.  He used something he called Beetle Juice...and yes, it really is from a beetle.  Gross.  Anyway, it was horrible, traumatic.  She had to keep it on for 24 hours and it was terrible.  She screamed, she cried, she didn't sleep.  I about died when we took the bandage off. 
No wonder she was crying!  OUCH!

So, here we are back at the office three weeks later for a recheck.  Rowyn tried letting her baby be the patient.  Nice try.
So, apparently the virus (yes, warts are caused by a virus...not handling a toad as my not-so-bright coworker tried telling me) was pushed out to the outside of that horrendous blister.  So instead of one central wart, she now has a ring of little warts.  Seriously, I almost cried for her.  I showed him the picture on my phone, because I couldn't believe that's NORMAL.  He assured me it was.  What?!  So, she had to get another round of Beetle Juice.  Poor girl.  She had a rough night last night...and she, Mommy, and Daddy are pretty tired today.  This had better be the end of it, I don't like feeling like I'm torturing my three-year-old. :(







In much better news, Riley couldn't wait to tell me she qualified for her school spelling bee!  In addition to telling her how proud we are of her, we also emphasized that this is for FUN.  Riley has a tendency to stress herself out and holds herself to some pretty high standards.  Hopefully, win or lose she just has a good time.

Have a great weekend!  Shopping finished yet?

1 comment:

Lori said...

OMG...poor Rowyn! That looks just awful. Congrats to Riley..she should be so proud of herself:):):)