Thursday, March 31, 2011

Playdoh and stuff

We made playdoh this afternoon.

Camdyn helped me make it.

Our first batch she wanted to be white, so she could make eggs she said.  Rowyn picked purple for the second batch.


While Rowyn played with the playdoh, I did some crafting.

There are many different recipes for homemade playdoh, but the one I use is:

Playdoh

1 cup flour
½ cup salt
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 cup water
1 tsp oil
food coloring

Mix all ingredients until smooth and solid color.  Pour into a pan and bring to boil over medium heat.  Stir until smooth and playdoh forms a ball.  Remove from pan, cool, and knead for a few minutes.  Store in an air tight container.

******************************************************************
I embellished a head band we had.  
The girls love how it turned out.
HGTV would say I "changed it out"...I hate that saying.




I asked for a smile and got the stink eye instead.

So I did what any good mother would do and promised her a brownie if she smiled.



We're still working on the potty training.  One day she's all about it and the next...no interest.

Yesterday, my mom was babysitting.  She asked Rowyn if she had to go to the potty.

Rowyn said no.

Then Rowyn peed on the floor.

My mom pretended to call the Easter Bunny from her cell phone.  She told the Easter Bunny to forget about chocolate for Rowyn, to just bring her diapers instead.

Without batting an eye, Rowyn started "dialing" her hand.  She pretended to use her "palm phone" to call the Easter Bunny back and proudly announced to my mom that the Easter Bunny was bringing her chocolates and candy...not diapers.

Smart little piss pot, isn't she?

2 comments:

Anna said...

we use the exact same playdoh ingredients! Too funny! The first time I made it I thought it wouldn't turn out b/c you had to cook it, but it was great.

Anonymous said...

Love her stink eye face! Too cute!

And she sure is one smart cookie...calling the easter bunny back...good idea ;)